Competent managers believe the competency of most employees will generate high productivity – and they get what they expect! On the other hand, incompetent managers perceive widespread impotence and act accordingly- and they get what they expect!
So what is the difference between these two types of managers?
- A competent manager has a positive attitude while an incompetent manager is distrustful
- A successful manager is honest and transparent but an incompetent manager is condescending
- A manager who triumphs in their organization gets involved and leads by example however an incompetent manager is defensive and close-minded
- A great manager gives their team a sense of partnership, while an incompetent manager is pessimistic and works in isolation
- A competent manager provides growth opportunities for his team, when an incompetent manager fears the growth of his team members
Learn how Core Insights can help you perfect your management and leadership skills, call us today for a free consultation.
Source: The Changing Paradigm by Dr. David Gordon 2011, published by TWU.